In view of globalisation, it becomes extremely important to protect intellectual property which covers both copyright and industrial property. Proper protection may be one of the main factors enabling creation of a competitive advantage and deciding about the market success. And the lack of vigilance in this scope may cause irreparable damage.
What benefits you can derive from protection of intellectual and industrial property rights:
- Turning an idea into law with real market value
- Exclusiveness to obtain financial benefits from the object of protection
- Right to identify authors of the object of protection
- Possibility of free disposal of the object of protection, e.g. its sale
- Effective building of a market position
- Significant tax advantages:
- Intellectual property rights which are intangible assets may be an object of depreciation, which reduces taxable profits
- Giving a licence may be a source of revenue and also constitute an instrument to generate costs
- Including an intangible asset in the tax bill also for transactions regarding entities carrying out business activity – which may affect effective business planning
Mariański Group cooperates with patent attorneys who conduct registration proceedings before Polish and international industrial property protection authorities.
We have many years of experience in protecting intellectual and industrial property, confirmed by numerous successes.
Within services rendered to our Clients:
- We draft licence agreements and agreements transferring intellectual property, at the same time taking care of tax correctness of such agreements and possibility of effectively use the goods which are the subject matter of the agreement to reduce tax burdens
- We participate in talks with contracting parties, represent Clients in implementing projects of transactions
- We handle disputes regarding the unlawful use of intellectual property goods of our Clients, combining industrial property solutions with solutions regarding fair competition and combating unfair market practices
- We advise on intellectual property protection, new technologies law, advertising and protection of personal interests
- We provide assistance in obtaining and protecting intangible assets